Thursday 29 January 2015

Day 89 : The 15 minute rule

Have you already heard about this rule?

Sometimes life can be overwhelming and that can lead to procrastination. You don't know where to start with all the stuff you have to do, so you just find easier to do nothing.

Thanks to this rule, you just have to tell yourself: "I just take 15 minutes of my time to do it and what is done, is done." The thing behind this is that oftentimes you will realize that after 15 minutes you don't want to quit the task that you are doing because you are in the right mindset to do it.

But what I have realized is that some things don't take 15 minutes to be done.

What I have done thanks to this rule:
  • reorganize my "Tupperware" cupboard : 8 minutes
  • translate a letter : 6 minutes
  • clean the kitchen : 10 minutes
  • move all the files, letters, stuff that were in the cupboard in the hallway and organize them : 13 minutes
It is crazy to see that a lot can be done in less than 15 minutes and it is very motivating. I was feeling overwhelmed by some of this things for a long time - my cupboard, for instance, was a mess for months. When I have realized that my cupboard has been reorganized in so little time, I felt motivated to renew the experience all along the day, when I felt like doing it.

What can you do in 15 minutes?

  • organize your apartment
  • clean your house
  • go for a walk, take time for yourself
  • play an instrument
  • do some sport
  • make a smoothie
  • ...
So, what are you planning to do during the next 15 minutes?

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment